BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Jon Bon Jovi and Covers

Photobucket


Some of the following are my favorite covers of other artists' songs as done by Jon or Jon and Richie.

Hope you enjoy!

Willy DeVille and Jon Bon Jovi – Save The Last Dance For Me

Really love this song.


Try A Little Tenderness

Cuts off at the very end, but oh those 3:13 seconds until it does.


Bon Jovi & Steven Tyler 1989

Two of my favorites! Jon and Steven.


Jon & Richie – Can’t Help Falling In Love With You

Too short! More please!


Jon & Richie – Imagine

Thought this was just beautiful.


Jon & Richie – Here Comes The Sun

Again, so gorgeous!


How many did I miss?

4 comments:

The Goddess Hathor said...

You missed DOZENS :)

Some of my favorites:

Mrs Robinson Richie and Jon: two guitars, two voices. Does it get any better than that?

Drift Away Done several times in the 90's in concert; this is one of my all-time favorite songs anyway, and I've appropriated it as my own personal letter to the guys...

The Wind Cries Mary Richie sings the blues. Panty-wetting every time I hear it. It literally gives me chills...

House of the Rising Sun I hated this song in general because it was the first thing my brother learned to play on the guitar, and I'd hear it for HOURS on end :) The Jovi version? I don't hate at all...

Here Comes The Sun Acoustic with Richie. Pretty much my phrase in all the English language :)

Midnight Rider Richie did this often during his solo run. When he starts "I gotta ruuuuuun to keep from hidin'..." I just wanna die at his feet.

Some other classics I absolutely adore:
Lean on Me
Abraham, Martin, and John
Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Imagine
Eve of Destruction
Shooting Star
Lola
Silvia's Mother
Suspicious Minds
Sympathy for the Devil


Shit, I could go on and on and on. My "covers" playlist on my iPod is 220+ long (of course I have several versions of some songs, like Fever and Midnight Rider lol) but still; it's one of my favorite playlists when I want to hear Bon Jovi but not "their" stuff.

~ Hath

Sunstreaked said...

Thanks Hath - There are literally thousands of youtubes for Bon Jovi and if you don't KNOW what song they covered, it makes searching a leetle difficult!

This is a good list to start with!

Big Apple Jen said...

One of my all-time favorite covers is Have a Little Faith in Me which I was blessed to see live in Minnesota a few tours back. Absolutely sensational!

Shelly said...

Hath mentioned Sylvia's Mother, but along with so many favorite covers they've done is My Funny Valentine.

They did it on the Today show I believe.

Dear Gawd...I need a panty change everytime I hear that.

Where Are You?