BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 7, 2009

Reality Sets In

Went the next day to an orthopedist.

In a wheelchair.

My constant companion for the next two months.

There are five ligaments in your ankle. In the right foot, I ripped all five ligaments 80 percent. The left ankle had a third degree sprain.

So, let's see what my Bon Jovi quest cost me:

1. My husband and two daughters were playing a pool tournament in Vegas two weeks after I got injured. I was supposed to go. I missed seeing my daughters play in a national tournament for the very first time. (It was hubby's second time.)

2. I had to move out of my two story house for two months and live with my mother in her one story house. Without my husband.

3. I lost my job. And the second income we needed.

4. I lost my insurance.

5. I lost an entire year of my life in recovery. With no therapy (no insurance).

6. I almost lost my house through foreclosure.



So - Jon, Richie, Tico, Dave, and Hugh:

Do you think just two front row tickets on next year's tour would be too much to ask?

Whaddya think guys?

3 comments:

Bayaderra said...

Oh Sun....
My heart goes out to you!
Wish there was something I could do to help.

Shelly said...

HUGS!! that's so awful!

Sandy said...

So sorry to hear all this happened to you. I hope you are definitely on the mend now.

Where Are You?